is a former summer residence and private opera theater
of Sheremetev family, originally situated several kilometres to the
north from Moscow but now a part of the North-Eastern Administrative
Okrug of Moscow. Extant historical Ostankino includes the main wooden
palace, built in 1792-1798 around a theater hall, with adjacent Egyptian
and Italian pavilions, a 17th-century Trinity church, and fragments of
the old Ostankino park with a replica of Milovzor folly. Ostankino
Palace is third-largest wooden building in the world..