The Moika Palace or Yusupov Palace , literally the Palace of the
Yusupovs on the Moika was once the primary residence in St. Petersburg,
Russia of the House of Yusupov. The building was the site of Grigori
Rasputin's murder in 1916. The palace was first built around 1770 by the
French architect Jean-Baptiste Vallin de la Mothe. Over the years
numerous well-known architects worked on the palace, and it is known for
the hodgepodge of architectural styles. A. Mikhailov reconstructed the
building in 1830-s when the Yusupov’s became owners of this palace .
This time the modern appearance of the palace was formed.