Pszczyna Castle is a classical-style palace in the city of Pszczyna.
Constructed as a castle in 13th century or earlier, in a gothic style,
it was rebuilt in a renaissance style in the 17th century. During the
course of the 18th and 19th centuries, the exterior of the castle was
partially changed into a baroque-classic style. The classicist
modernization transformed the castle into what is usually described a
palace. In its history the castle was a residence of local Piasts
dynasty members, then Promnitz family (mid 16th to mid 18th centuries)
and later, von Pless family. The castle was owned by the government
since 1936. Since 1946 it is a site of the Muzeum Zamkowe (Castle
Museum). In 2009 it was voted as one of the "Seven Architectural Wonders
of the Silesian Voivodeship."